Laboratory analysis, data processing and interpretation of data Breath Biopsy studies, including the operation of thermal desorption, gas chromatography and mass spectrometry systems, according to laboratory procedures.
Support project activities within Owlstone, engaging with project teams/technical leads to conduct experiments, analyse samples, deliver data and present findings to stakeholders. Support the Analytical Manager, QC Manager and VP Operations in delivering Breath Biopsy Lab KPIs through accurate and timely laboratory work, adhering to Breath Biopsy Laboratory procedures. Working with the analytical manager and QC manager, ensuring that laboratory procedures are implemented/updated where required.
You will be working in a lab environment preparing and analysing breath samples hence strict adherence to working procedures and quality standards is a key element of this role.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Analyse breath samples and data according to Breath Biopsy Lab procedures
- Take responsibility for managing the timely analysis of samples for allocated studies/projects
- Process and report laboratory data
- Ensure correct operation of Breath Biopsy Lab instrumentation
Support R&D and project teams through Breath Biopsy Lab services and expertise
- Implement continuous improvement actions as directed by the Analytical Manager
Competencies & Requirements of the role
- Delivery focused, with the drive and enthusiasm to meet objectives in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate information from laboratory data
- Ability to work independently and manage own laboratory analysis schedules, consistent with direction set by the Analytical Manager
Adaptability and communication skills to understand and support laboratory-based projects
- Ability to communicate work plans with Laboratory Assistants
Education & Training
- Be qualified to degree level in a science related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Technical understanding and practical background in the operation of TD-GC-MS equipment
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical/QC process lab or equivalent environment
Experience / Knowledge
- Practical experience of thermal desorption, gas chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Understanding of TD-GC-MS data handling
- Hands-on experience of sample management database and/or data entry
- IT skills including Excel and instrument vendors’ software (Agilent MassHunter, Markes TOF-DS, and/or Thermo TraceFinder)
- Working knowledge of some of ISO9001, ISO13485, GLP, GCLP and other quality systems and the ability to implement within Owlstone Medical Breath Biopsy Lab
- Technical operation of thermal desorption, gas chromatography and mass spectrometry systems
- High attention to detail
- Flexible approach to changing priorities
- Effective communication of technical information and laboratory data