Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
The Engineering and design Global Services Practice team is an implementation Centre of Excellence group consisting of members spread over multiple regions, their role is to lead implementations and promote best practice. They are both knowledgeable in specific domains and implementation techniques.
The group has the overall responsibility of initialising, leading and co-ordinating the strategic engineering & design implementations in partnership with other departments. It is the responsibility of this group to ensure a scalable, sustainable, data-centric, consistent approach and philosophy for implementations across our customer base. As such, they are also responsible for identifying and maintaining appropriate domain standards to be incorporated in implementations.
The primary purpose is;
To work with the wider implementation team to ensure strategic implementations are instigated and executed in accordance to the latest, correct practices based on domain and up-to-date tool knowledge.
For this predominantly fast evolving product set that continue to move into new areas;
• To outwardly pass on new learning to the wider community by continually adapting and updating best practice deployment and Learning From Experience (LFE).
• To inwardly refine R&D delivery very early through identifying small corrections that have high impact (snagging).
• To reskill, coach and communicate advanced domain and leading-edge knowledge to the wider community.
To apply domain knowledge to define and maintain best practices in Engineering & Design including configuration and domain content with the aim of facilitating fast and effective start-up for customers.
To provide guidance, oversight and audits for strategic customer initiatives.
This position is fundamental to the AVEVA Unified Engineering solution in achieving the optimal level of technical capability throughout the wider organisation.
The primary focus of the position is to;
• Secure successful implementations for strategic initiatives, both internally and externally, through application of domain knowledge and the latest product capabilities. Success will be measured through increased commercial take-up of the products.
• Ideally working with a shadow pre-sales or post-sales regional team to establish an implementation followed by a handover to that team.
• Document practices, support initiatives and educate the regional teams to help pre-sales, support & post-sales activities to enable them, over time, to fully understand best practice implementations.
• Understand and assimilate appropriate industry standards for the various domains.
A further focus is to ensure best practices are disseminated and understood by the wider community by acting as chapions and consultants.
Other activities may include; PoCs, implementation audits, Demo generation and addressing technical issues such as migration risk reduction.
A key aspect will be rapid feedback to R&D on leading edge development from a domain and end user prospective.
Travel to customer sites and other AVEVA offices will be required.
The Senior Practice Consultant is responsible for leading and maintaining the Engineering and Design implementation strategies, instigating strategic implementation initiatives (internally & externally), collating and improving domain content as well as coaching the wider community.
Specifically, the Senior Practice Consultant will:
• Understand the holistic Product Vision.
• Have a solid understanding of the data-centric approach to be adopted.
• Understand and focus their work in support of strategic priorities.
• Participate in elaborating requirements and domain content to meet Business and Customer needs.
• Work with R&D and portfolio in identifying new or corrective requirements & acceptance criteria in on-going developments.
• Review and feedback on user scenario test cases.
• Participate in Internal and/or External Reference Groups when required.
• Communicate with other practice teams as necessary.
• Assist developers with domain feedback.
• Assist when Customer issues are escalated and require specialist input.
Important Working Relationships
Close collaboration and cooperation with;
• Pre-Sales, Support & Post-sales regional teams.
• Other practice teams.
• Other BU functions.
as part of the delivery and handover of implementations will be essential
Focusing on one main region, it is anticipated that links across multiple regions (including, but not limited to: Americas, EMEA & APAC) and locations will be required.
This role requires good liaison with downstream functions in multiple locations, to ensure implementations are executed in a smooth, repeatable and sustainable way that exceeds customers expectations.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
The candidate will be expected to demonstrate engineering domain knowledge as well as and a sound understanding of process plant engineering & design, workflows and processes. This ideally should be backed up with an education and work experience profile that includes operating in a data-centric environment.
Some previous engineering or domain experience will be required (2-5 years).
Ideally, Other key attributes include:
• Experience with AVEVA or competitor products. (2-5 years).
• Data-centric engineering delivery or data management.
• Knowledge of engineering workflows and procedures.
• Knowledge of appropriate engineering standards (API, DIN, NORSOK, ISO)
• Domain knowledge in one or multiple of domains;
• Knowledge and experience of Engineering Data Modelling.
• Working knowledge & experience of industry or corporate standards such as datasheets for process, mechanical or instrumentation disciplines or symbology in those disciplines.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Self-motivated and possessing a passion for success.
Beneficial attributes and experience include:
• HND, HNC, Degree or equivalent in Engineering or related discipline.
• Proven experience of working on large scale Engineering projects.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such
The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.
Not seeing the right role for you? Sign up below and we will get in touch! All your detail will be confidential.