Are you ready to join the global leader in engineering and industrial software? You’ll be part of a team that drives digital transformation to over 16,000 customers across the globe and strives for excellence every day.
There are 4,700 of our people in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the transformative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
A Software Application Engineer position is available within AVEVA Global M.E.S (Manufacturing Execution System) Projects Delivery team in Europe. A Manufacturing Execution System is an essential link in the global information system of manufacturing companies. It is a computerized system used to collect in real time the production data of all or part of a factory or a workshop and to ensure the link between automation systems and business management systems (ERP such as SAP, JD Edwards, Dynamics, etc.), covering domains such as production scheduling, work order execution, quality management, performance monitoring, traceability and material genealogy.
Based on your experience, you will be involved in one or more of the following activities during the development and deployment of MES solutions in different industries for AVEVA customers.
• Lead technical workshops with our customers to collect their requirements and generate the required functional requirements specifications of the solution.
• Develop the software design specifications of the solution and drive its implementation within a team of software application engineers.
• Participate in the Configuration and development of the solution.
• Write the System Acceptance Tests Specification and the solution documentation.
• Perform the System Acceptance Tests with the customer and validate the solution before its deployment in a production environment.
• Deploy and commission the MES solution at our customer’s production site.
• Ensures that the deployed solution meet the customer needs and that it is fully functioning according to the defined specifications.
• Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure that the project is executed according to its planning and budget.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Computer Science or Automation & Industrial Software Engineering.
• Experience in Software development and commissioning, ideally in the Manufacturing or Automation IT domain, acquired from a System Integrator or a Software Solution provider.
• Good knowledge of software application development in Microsoft.
• Experience with Wonderware Software (System Platform, MES, Skelta BPM) or with another MES solution.
• Fluent in English.
• Ability to work within an international team based in different countries and with system integrators.
AVEVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity of our employees, valuing the special experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. The ability to develop ground-breaking technologies is one of our key assets and our people make it happen.
Come and join AVEVA to create the transformative technology that enables our customers to engineer a better world.
Concerning agencies: Aveva does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such
The Schneider Electric industrial software business and AVEVA have merged to trade as AVEVA Group plc, a UK listed company. The Schneider Electric and Life is On trademarks are owned by Schneider Electric and are being licensed to AVEVA by Schneider Electric.
Not seeing the right role for you? Sign up below and we will get in touch! All your detail will be confidential.