Frontier are the studio behind Jurassic World Evolution, Elite Dangerous and Planet Coaster. We are Britain’s biggest independent publisher and developer of videogames, based among the world-leading technology cluster in the historic city of Cambridge, England.
We are currently looking for a number of experienced Gameplay Programmers to come and join us on one of our unannounced projects.
We are incredibly proud of the breadth and diversity of gameplay offered by Frontier's games. Our focus is on rich and complex game mechanics, supported by incredible content to create epic and memorable experiences. As part of the gameplay programming team you will have many opportunities to make major contributions to the experiences that we deliver to our players.
You will work with the whole game team to bring together the design, code and assets we create, and build the game experience that players will love. Our COBRA engine gives you the power to build elegant and efficient implementations and the freedom to innovate in technical designs. You will develop a deep understanding of the game design and implementation, and become a champion for the areas of the game that you help to shape.
- Collaborating with the design and content creation teams to develop and refine game mechanics.
- Building and supporting game systems, working with the COBRA engine and the wider programming team.
- Delivering engaging player experiences through technical innovation, creative thinking and efficient working practices.
- Sharing knowledge of game systems, and mentoring others in best practices for game development.
- Programming role on at least one commercially released game for console or PC.
- Directly contributed to support and development of complex gameplay in at least one released game.
- Strong programming skills using C++ in a large codebase.
- Team programming experience working within a component-based game object/entity architecture.
- Proven cross-discipline collaboration with game designers and content creators.
- Network, simulation or AI programming role on at least one commercially released game.
- Advanced knowledge of Lua programming.
- Familiarity with adding features post-release to games with active players.
- Experienced full commercial game development lifecycle from prototyping, through production to post-release support.
- Cross-platform development experience including Xbox One or Playstation 4.