We are proud to be named one of the UK’s Best Places to Work by GamesIndustry.biz.
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Graduate Server Developer in the Online Services team. The successful candidate will assist with the on-going and ever growing server-side development on game titles such as Elite Dangerous. This is a great opportunity for a graduate with a relevant degree to take on technically challenging and rewarding work whilst being supported and mentored by some of our most experienced and talented developers.
- Maintaining and adding game features to database-driven web applications in PHP
- Maintaining and improving the automation of the Elite Dangerous game server infrastructure on Amazon Web Services.
- Ability to communicate effectively with team members and work collaboratively on game features both within the server team and with other disciplines
- Curious with a good aptitude for learning
- Enjoy variety, with opportunities to work with game data, server-side simulation code, admin tools, server logs & stats, replicating database services and networking.
Qualifications, Skills & experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline e.g. Computer Science, Maths or Engineering
- Some experience working with servers and it would be nice to have worked with Linux before
- A-Level Maths
- An understanding of public cloud systems such as Amazon Web Services
- Configuring open source server applications, such as docker, apache, nginx
- Working with RESTful APIs
- SQL databases such as MySQL or SQL Server
- NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, Redis or MongoDB.
What we can offer you
At Frontier we believe your work should be rewarding in every way. We offer the chance to work on blockbuster franchises and world-leading IP in a studio environment considered one of the best places to work in the UK.
We also offer a range of flexible benefits to our 400+ team, including life assurance, private family healthcare, pension, flexitime working hours, enhanced maternity/paternity package, in-house catering, support with relocation, a Cycle to Work scheme and free bike servicing, regular in-house wellbeing sessions, regular social events, and annual bonus and sharesave schemes for everyone to share in the studio’s success.
We welcome and encourage applications from qualified candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.