Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Defines and delivers a Continuous Improvement strategy for Owlstone Medical products. Ensures that project teams and OKR’s are clearly defined, monitored and achieved on a regular basis.
- Implement and develop customer service team, ensuring all internal systems are aligned with external and internal requirements.
- Takes responsibility for the successful transfer of new products, processes and working methods from the different business functions through to small-scale manufacturing.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Working closely with the Manufacturing team.
- Ensures that all current working practices and procedures are aligned with Owlstone Medical QMS. Plays a lead role in defining the structure of documentation in alignment with the Quality Department. Reviews and improves current documentation methodology for Owlstone products.
- Plays a lead role in the ownership and response to Service Support and customer returns, including responsibility for RMA’s, including logging and completion of complaints.
- Providing line management to the Engineering team, setting goals and objectives, measuring performance and identifying and implementing relevant training programs
- Drive structured and best practice thinking to develop future innovative technology in manufacturing
- Capital Equipment procurement experience from initial ideas through to implementation of equipment within a manufacturing environment
Competencies & Requirements of the role
- Has to be bright and delivery focused, with the drive and enthusiasm to meet objectives in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- Competent self-management skills to allow both structured independent lone working, and integration into project development cycles.
- Well organised and able to follow quality procedures as well as ability to identify and implement continuous improvements
- Candidates will be innovative, pragmatic and flexible and will be able to evolve current procedures and practices as well as introduce their own methods of driving Engineering projects through to completion
Education & Training
- Qualified to a higher degree level in a science related discipline
- Project management certification would be desirable
- Budget management experience within a SME
Experience / Knowledge
- Knowledge of medical device manufacture transfer from prototyping to low-level manufacturing
- Experience of out-sourcing and managing medical device manufacturing processes
- The ability to analyse data, share information and make recommendations for improvements
- Experience of QMS systems and the relationship between Quality and Engineering Leads by example and able to motivate the Engineering team
- Demonstrable experience within a medical device environment
- Results driven individual
- Previous experience of building and developing a technical team capable of providing a continuous improvement environment
- High attention to detail
- Flexible approach to changing priorities
- Organised and able to deal with multiple priorities and projects on a regular basis
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the business