Applications Chemist (Medical)
Owlstone Medical’s mission is to save 100,000 lives and save health care providers $1.5B. With several major projects underway to develop disease screening and diagnosis based on detection of metabolic products in breath.
We are looking for someone with excellent technical skills and TD GC\LC-MS laboratory experience. The successful candidate will be a hands-on, team player with a positive and flexible attitude to work. This is an outstanding opportunity to join an innovative team with a strong vision for the future.
Areas of Responsibility
- Plan and undertake experiments intrinsic to Owlstone medical assay / application / product development projects with a focus on TD-GC-MS method development.
- Ensure experimental plans adhere to and include QC processes to ensure the collection of valid analytical measurements.
- Maintain accurate up to date Laboratory records.
- Other duties as assigned per qualifications.
- Degree / higher degree, or equivalent, in analytical chemistry or other related discipline required
- Minimum 3 years GC / LC-MS experience
- Experience with thermal desorption techniques highly desirable
- Experience with advanced chromatography data processing techniques, such as retention time alignment and deconvolution highly desirable.
- Experience with regulated GC / LC MS assay development, including transfer, verification, and validation (QC) activities necessary for research preferred
- Experience in ISO, CLIA, GLP and other regulatory compliance requirements preferred
- Excellent technical scientific writing, communication, and organizational skills
The successful candidate:
- Must be hands-on, self-directed, organised and conscientious
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical personnel
- Will value interpersonal and communication skills very highly; must be a team player
- Will be able to demonstrate the ability to solve complex technical problems
- Will have a proven ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines to accomplish objectives