Data Analyst (Medical)
At Owlstone, we turn raw data collected from laboratory and non-laboratory environments and scientific instruments into powerful predictive models. This requires extensive signal processing and statistical inference, as well as, a rigorous adherence to the scientific method and critical evaluation of models.
Responsibilities (Key Tasks/Accountability)
- Developing fully tested, production quality algorithms using statistical and ML techniques
- Developing models and assessing their predictive power
- Assessing and improving the quality of data
- Suggesting next steps for acquiring more powerful data and features
Competencies & Requirements of the Role
- Experience programming in python in a numerical environment
- A sound practical knowledge of statistics and probability
- Experience applying numerical analysis techniques on real world data
- Experience conveying results effectively through plots and other visualisations
- Experience working in a team environment
- Expertise in numpy/pandas, scipy, and scikit-learn
- Experience with signal processing
- Experience with matplotlib, plotly or seaborn
- Experience as a Scrum Master
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc.
- Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, BDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.