Technical Support Engineer (Life Science Software)
Linguamatics is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our growing customer support operation, covering the US and Europe. This new position is broadly based, with responsibilities ranging from assisting customers in resolution of technical and application issues to producing content for our user community website.
This role is the ideal opportunity to make your mark in a high growth company providing innovative semantic search and text analytics software to the world’s leading life science and healthcare organizations. The successful applicant will be in direct contact with customers from these organizations, to provide support in their use of Linguamatics' products to get valuable information out of unstructured data.
You will be successful in the role if you have:
- A passion for helping customers to succeed with our products
- Linux systems administration skills: Partitioning disks, assigning permissions, configuring services, monitoring processes, checking log files, installing software.
- An understanding of text and string manipulation, regular expressions and coding in languages such as Python or Perl
- Understanding of data structures such as XML, JSON, YAML, CSV and TSV
- Understanding of what is a REST API and how to interact with it
- An innate curiosity and willingness to learn new concepts
- A pro-active, problem-solving attitude and ability to work calmly under pressure
- Attention to detail and the drive to get things done
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Documentation skills (e.g. writing blog posts and technical process documentation)
Responsibilities will include:
- Learning how to install and use our products to an expert level
- Assisting customers in planning, installing, upgrading and managing Linguamatics products on Linux and Windows platforms, both on premise and in the cloud.
- Analyzing and troubleshooting application and technical problems
- Occasionally producing scripts to solve customers’ problems
- Assisting customers, partners, and Linguamatics staff to get the most out of our software
- Working with development teams to report bugs and create bug fixes
- Writing technical support resources such as self-help and knowledge base articles
- Contributing to future product development, particularly with knowledge learnt from customer interactions
- Participation in on-call rota ensuring continuous service to customers in Europe and US.
Having some of these skills and knowledge will make you an ideal candidate:
- System architecture and sizing
- Authentication systems (LDAP, AD, SSO)
- Certificates, SSL and PKI
- Configuration management tools (E.g. Ansible, Puppet, Chef) or Docker
- Web server and proxy configuration
The role of Junior Technical Support Engineer is a challenging and exciting opportunity in a growing, customer-focused UK company with an established presence in the US and Europe. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology, world-leading customers, and great people.
As a Linguamatics employee you’ll receive a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and opportunities for professional growth. If you think you have the right skills and experience and are ready to make an outstanding contribution to our success.